If you wish to receive fully-funded scholarships as well as other financial aid opportunities, one of the best places to get it is at the University of Alberta.
International and domestic students will be eligible for admission-based and application-based scholarship opportunities after they successfully obtain admission to study at the university.
The university provides well over $34 million each year to sponsor undergraduate scholarships, awards, bursaries, as well as other financial support.
Students who wish to study at the University of Alberta will have the opportunity to apply for various scholarships to cover their tuition fees as well as other academic expenses.
The university wants to recognize and attract international students who have demonstrated great academic achievements as well as personal accomplishments and have also shown great leadership skills.
The university provides different financial aid that ranges from scholarships, bursaries, grants, and awards to eligible students.
University of Alberta Awards for International Students
Host Institution and Country:
University of Alberta
Level/Field of Study or Subject:
All bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree programs and subjects are offered at the University of Alberta.
Number of Scholarships Available:
University of Alberta Scholarships that Require no Applications
- GOLD STANDARD SCHOLARSHIP is valued at $6,000 depending on the admission average.
- INDIGENOUS ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP valued at $1,500.
- NATIONAL ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIP valued at $30,000 payable over four years.
- Application-based scholarships
- SCHOLASTIC DISTINCTION SCHOLARSHIP value found on the official webpage, use the link at the bottom of the page
- ENTRANCE LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP
- ENRICHED SCHOLAR SCHOLARSHIP valued at $5,000.
- FLY HOME AWARD offers students $1,500.
- EDUCATION ABROAD AWARD offers students $3,750.
- GOLD STANDARD SCHOLARSHIP offers students $6,000
- UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA INTERNATIONAL ADMISSION SCHOLARSHIP offers students $5,000.
- UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA REGIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP offers students $5,000.
- PRESIDENT’S INTERNATIONAL DISTINCTION SCHOLARSHIP valued at $120,000 (payable over four years)
- UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA INTERNATIONAL LEADER SCHOLARSHIP valued at $5,000 – $10,000.
- MAY QUON UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP valued at $45,000 payable over four years.
Application-based Access Awards
- DISCOVER UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA AWARD valued at $8,000/year.
- TURTLE SPIRIT PATHWAY AWARD FOR FIRST NATIONS, MÉTIS, AND INUIT STUDENTS valued at $8,000/year
You can apply for any of the scholarships listed above via the school’s official website with these tips, you will also find other scholarship opportunities like faculty-specific scholarship awards on the schools’ website.
To qualify for any scholarship provided by the university, you must the following conditions which include:
- Meeting the university’s admission requirements and conditions
- You are to be enrolled for full-time studies at the main campus in order to be eligible. If you are studying part-time or you at any point withdrew from the academic year, you will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Applying students must be eligible international students who have a valid Canadian study permit.
- For some of the scholarships, applicants will be assessed on the basis of admission details they provide and their scholarship application
- The competition for each award is considered very competitive and there are no guarantees that simply being eligible would win you the award.
- Applicants are expected to have paid the tuition fee for a full-time Masters or Ph.D. degree program at the University of Alberta.
- If you are from a country where English is not the first language, and your previous studies were not taught in English Language, then you must present proof of language proficiency
Target Group: The scholarship is open to citizens of different countries around the world including developing countries;
Application Deadline: Shown on the Scholarship page.
How to Apply:
- To apply for this scholarship, you will have to begin by clicking the “Apply For Scholarship” button so that you are redirected to the scholarship official page
- Be sure to check out the expiration date which is on the schools’ website, so that you apply early.
- There are several scholarships you can apply for this year. The scholarships are offered based on merit.
- You will have to present supporting documents like the transcript, medical result, language test result, references, and so on.